2 years after we launched the appeal to purchase 47493 we are marching on towards our target of not only owning the engine, but returning it to traffic. Here’s some facts so far.
- Match funding raised to secure £50,000 pledge, thus securing £100,000 of funding towards the purchase of the engine. This was raised in just 10 months!
- In light of the impact on fund raising caused by COVID-19, the Tunbridge Wells and Eridge Railway Preservation Society has recently committed £25,000 to support the purchase.
- Confirmation of a legacy allowed for the TW&ERPS to commit a loan to cover ongoing boiler repairs during 2020, and maintain the programme.
- Boiler fund launched to cover additional repairs, raising over half of the required funding in just 6 months.
- Completion of the boiler repairs remains on programme to complete late Summer, which we hope will coincide with the frames being re-wheeled.
Thank you to everyone who has to date helped this project. We have come a long way but we still need YOUR HELP! If we can bring this project to successful completion, we are looking to roll it out on another project.
What that will be... watch this space!